Tuesday 28 April 2015

SS15 Facechart Designs + Moodboard


SS15 FACE CHARTS & MOODBOARD 

This particular mood board and designs are based on what research I have produced from Giorgio Armani Beauty. This can be anywhere from being inspired by previous Spring/ Summer campaigns and looks, to even just the general vibe and image that I have gathered from the brand. For this seasons Giorgio Armani catwalk look for SS'15, we witness that Armani have taken a more futuristic approach to stay on trend, with silver and brown minimal makeup. Although this was beautiful and on trend, I wanted to take my SS'15 design down a more 'pretty' path, using lighting, and even colours that I have never experimented with before. The look is simple but still demonstrates skill and product knowledge. Knowing what products to use and what works together best was ideal for creating this whole design concept, especially when using the colour pink. Here is the moodboard I have created that shows a general theme, hairstyle and makeup...


NATURAL SKIN
Not completely bare, but more minimal in a sense that you can still see the skins texture, and features. I chose to again, go for this makeup because from what I gathered through my research, is that Armani on most Spring/ Summer looks have used a very minimal product, but for my design I will not be using dewy skin- but still not setting with powder. This means that the natural tones, and oiliness of the skin can be seen through the makeup and can be used to look even more natural. 

PRETTY IN PINK 
As you can probably tell from the moodboard, pink is a very prominent feature in this whole design concept. Pink can be a very difficult to work with, especially even more so when used on the eyes. I want to do a soft pink lid, and apply pink smudged into the lower lash line. This can sometimes be a bit of a problem because pink can make you look tired so this is obviously something I need to try. I would like to also work with a pink back drop, it seems like pink overload but I plan to do it tastefully, not over the top. I chose to create this whole pink theme, not only to support my research of Armani Beauty linked to coordination, particularly being inspired by the Catherine McNeil ad. 

SLEEK & CHIC HAIR
Like the Catherine McNeil SS'13 for Armani campaign, I want the face and makeup to really stand out, but of course no look is complete without a sleek and chic hairstyle to accompany it. I wanted to really represent my chosen and brand and their image through hair and a defined, slick ponytail with lots of shine will not only frame the face of my model, but tie the whole look together. 


As you can see from my Facechart designs above, I have created two, so I am able to be critical of the two and find out which one is the better creation. I stated before that the two things that will be key for this design, is the reoccurring theme of pink, and simplicity. I would say that #1 is a starting point for this whole SS'15 concept, with natural skin, more prominent contouring that #2 which no blush. The brows stick to the whole natural theme, and whilst being filled in very lightly, they are natural in a sense that you can see the hairs and shape. I will also be using Vaseline to tame and enhance the shape of my model's natural brows. For #1 I mixed a combination of blushes to create a more subtle, blendable shade of pink and have applied that to the lids. To avoid tired eyes, I have used a mid-tone brown shade smudged into the lower lash line, and a brown mascara to enhance the idea of natural beauty and make the look as minimal as possible. For the lips I used a bright YSL lipstick that still sticks to the theme of pink, but adds contrast to the whole looks because it's a different shade. 

The second look for my SS'15 design is definitely more put together and really stands out in comparison to #1. For #2 design, I added MAC 'Pink Swoon' blush to the cheeks, which are also less contoured, leaving the skin to speak for itself. On the eyes, they are the same as #1- which is a mixture of MAC 'Pink Swoon' and 'Fleur Power' blush complimented with a reasonable coating of black mascara. This adds more emphasis to the yes, especially with the white eyeliner that really makes the whole look pop. I then mixed both blushes again with a mid-tone brown and applied that to the lower lash line, so that the white would really pop, the edges would blend together and yet there would be no sign of tired eyes. The brows are kept natural, and still slightly filled in (very similar to #1). To finish, I then used a darker pink lipstick in comparison to #1, which is also matte to add definition to the lips and draw more attention to them. 

Overall, I am quite clearly swaying more towards #2 which I feel will display my skills more effectively and generally looks much more thought through (which it was). I hope that my efforts of research in coordination and thinking out different tones of the shade pink, will show the contrast of not only a matte lip and eyes, against a natural skin finish, but also the contrast in different shades of pink. 

No comments:

Post a Comment