Thursday 30 April 2015

Evening Facechart Designs + Moodboard


FACE CHART + MOODBOARD

The evening design of my project for Giorgio Armani beauty was to me, an important part of representing my chosen brand because as we found out from my research, Linda Castello believes that the smoky eye is everything in regards to making a woman feel sexy. Although creating something sultry and smoky is simple in technique, figuring out how to bring the whole look together is important because brows, lip and skin should all work harmoniously. From the get go, I know that I wanted to create a smoky eye, but how could make it more special? Here is my Evening mood board that represents elegance, sexiness and some what an androgynous beauty concept.


SMOKE GALORE
If you couldn't tell already, I'm doing a smoky eye. I want my model to ideally have fairy pale skin with any hair length that be slicked back. The smoky eye I have gone with is your standard combination of brown dimension full crease, accompanied with black smokiness and for a little something extra, some gloss applied to almost make the black more wet look. 

MATTE, FLAWLESS SKIN
This moodboard shows a more matte finish in comparison to my previous looks, which doesn't mean heavier makeup but more coverage and a matte finish on the skin of my model. This will involve possibly using a cream based foundation and powder to make the look more suitable for the evening, shine free and very photogenic to suit Armani beauty inspired photos. This accompanied with the smokiness will look formal than the rest of my designs, it shows my depth and attention to detail in regards to what makeup suits what event/ concept.

PALE OR RED LIPS
This aspect of my moodboard and general design is uncertain at this moment. Although Armani are most commonly known for their wonderful smoky eyes and bold red lips- do they go together? This would be something I need to practice for myself and really think about it, because I don't want the matte full coverage skin combined with a smoky eye AND red lips to look tacky and too much. Although I really want to replicate Giorgio Armani beauty and brand, I still want my design to look beautiful and represent that elegant side of my chosen brand.

SLICKED BACK HAIR
Very similar to the hair I practiced in my technical file, and although it's very simple it's quite androgynous in a sense that it replicates a high fashion style. Using straighteners will be essential and styling products will give the hair that shine and structure it needs. I feel this hair is appropriate because it's modern, elegant and androgynous at the same time.


As you can see from the face charts above, for once, these are two very different looks. Design #1 has less contour going on with that flawless matte face, and the brows are filled in and brushed with Vaseline to create a natural structure. For the eyes I went for a more golden, bronze shade using MAC 'Amber Lights' all over the lids and blended up to the crease, using a soft brown as the transition colour between the lid and crease. Under the eyes I used a mixture of MAC 'Espresso' and 'Amber Lights'. This look is a lovely idea for an Armani evening look but is very similar to something that I wanted to create for my Summer/ beach shoot. In order to display skill and replicate that 'sexy' smoky eye that Castello is oh' so famous for, I feel like #2 would be more suitable. For the lips in #1 I went with a red lipstick to compliment the bronze eyes. 

Look #2 is definitely more put together, displays a blended and still pristine smoky eye that is complimented with a brownish tone to mattify and make more natural and less harsh. The eyelashes have a generous coating of mascara, and the brows are kept very very natural, and almost minimal using eye shadow to fill in lightly, and Vaseline to add shine and set. In order for this smokey eye to be more sophisticated and different than just your average smoky eye, I added a glossy finish to the lids using Jemma Kidd Eye and Lip Gloss, which will work perfectly with the slicked back hair. 

Overall I am very pleased and swaying towards my second design, simply because it's definitely more put together, displays my skills in regards to a glorious interpretation of the infamous Armani smoky eye and red lip. Although it looks  brilliant and the idea plans out fabulously in my head, I am unsure about the red lip being too much for the overall look and would genuinely be happier trying a more nude, and bare lip. Another criticism I have of my design, is the smoky eye with gloss applied to the top of the lid could easily crease and separate during shooting, which means there will be plenty of touch-ups and attention to detail paid during shooting.

No comments:

Post a Comment