Saturday 25 April 2015

Daytime Test Shoot + Critical Anaylsis



PRACTICING MY DAY-TIME DESIGN 

The image above is probably, a small clue as of to what design I've gone with. Reasons being, in simple form: I liked a lot more than the second design and felt it would work on a number of skin tones and faces- it's more universal and less harsh because I used very trendy/ fashion show favored cream products for the first design, making it more current and almost linking it to some Armani products that I have researched already. This practice/ test-shoot was perfect for really getting me into the project, of course testing my makeup design and really giving me a feel for this project, because before now it's mainly just been a lot of research. Everything I created on this day was exactly what I intended to re-create for my actual final shots, except the model. My model in class was a fellow student Judit, whom has skin and hair to-die-for but for this test shoot, with 40 minutes given to create the makeup, we were not required to re-create our chosen hair styles. Here are some pictures of the test shoot...





CRITICAL ANALYSIS & OVERALL THOUGHTS
Time management and confidence in application, seem to be something I am getting really good at. I finished this look and photographed it in around 30 mins, which is great for timed assessment practice. I was so thrilled with the skin finish of my design, it's dewy in the right places and more importantly there is that brightened, highlighted effect that I spoke about, on the bridge of the nose, cheekbones, cupids bow and the chin. Creating light in the right places and making her look radiant and almost really healthy! Although health isn't what I am promoting. There are other parts of the design that I have to be very critical on myself about because if I'm not, how can the makeup improve? Although I did apply medicated lip balm to Judit's oh so chapped lips, I did in fact apply it half way through application which it was no where near enough time to sink into the lips and really give them moisture. Because of this, when I applied my chosen shade of lipstick, they were slightly cracked and wouldn't take to grips with my glaze finish lipstick. This look is very natural is definitely something I picture being part of the Giorgio Armani Beauty Brand. The idea was to look at Day-time makeup, and by experimenting with dewy skin and neutral tones, I have done this. Through my research Cantello speaks about this idea of making women look and feel sexy, by adding sultry taupe and smudging it in under the lower lash line, I added some sexiness to a very natural makeup look. 

Overall I am very pleased with the outcome of this test shoot, with the exception of my model having a lack of eyebrows, I feel like the skin and general application is a great starting point towards my final beauty shots! It has helped for me to know immediately when designing what products are going to work, whether I should use cream or powder. In this case by using a mousse type cream shadow from YSL, it almost added an extra shine to the eye lids, which brings the look together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment