Saturday 25 April 2015

Daytime Facechart Designs + Moodboard


DAY-TIME FACE CHARTS & MOODBOARD

So, this is when the designing aspect of my work comes in. Through this post I will unfold some ideas of props, accessories, moodboard theme and most important- face chart designs. In the next post I will talk more in depth about my concept behind the hair, practices,  and products that all go towards the hair design of this Day-time Look. These designs and mood boards are based on my research of the brand, previous campaigns and looks by Giorgio Armani, as well as products I have an understanding of. The whole idea of the beauty look for me is definitely a more natural idea, no over the top contouring or scouse brow- just simple bare skin with tones and products that can compliment anyone. I wanted my look to be very simple, no props but still incredibly sleek and sexy, and this of course will be defined by my model and the hair and makeup I choose. Here are some features that I would really like to inc-operate into this design, and my final images:


BARE SKIN
An aspect of photo shoots that I have particularly liked using in previous projects and shoots. I feel that bare skin would work perfectly with this day-time look because it will not only compliment that very 'natural beauty' theme, but will coordinate with the makeup and hopefully if I find the right model, will really bring out strong features against a white background. If bare skin is used when shooting I will conceal any redness, piercings, tattoos and imperfections, and will add my handy Body Shop Highlighting Cream mixed with moisturizer all over the skin to add a beautiful glow. 

NEUTRAL, SOFT MAKEUP
To fit into my research and the overall Day-time design assigned, I have chosen to go for a very natural makeup look that is of course displayed on my moodboard. Although it is a beauty shot, I want the skin of my model to still be visible, freckles and all. I want to see the texture of the skin which will be extremely important because if the skin on my model's body doesn't replicate the skin on her face, I may have a problem on my hands. I will explain the makeup more in depth through my face charts, and which look I choose further down in this post. 

SLEEK HAIR 
Again, It's just as good for me to see these words in big as key words because it all comes together really well. For the hair, of course I will be going in to more depth when I do the hair chart posts, but for now I know that I definitely want sleek, straight hair that is going to be down with a side parting. I've chosen a side parting because it's not as harsh as a middle parting. It adds a very smart but natural effect to the overall look and if everything goes well with my model, it could look flawless. 


 As you can see from my face chart designs, these are two very similar looks, with slight adjustments and most emphasis on for example, the lips and the lashes. The #1 design I created is softer altogether, not only the lashes and eyebrows but the overall blending and use of tone in the design. For the skin, I want it to be very natural, dewy and highlighted, but not extremely shimmery with the highlight, more of the idea of just being bright in certain places like under the eyes, on the bridge of the nose etc. As you can see from the images I have used a light bronze shade to contour, but only to define natural features that my model will already possess. I mostly have used contouring and created facial features using makeup to really give my face charts some depth, so they're not just the same plain faces every time. For the brows I will depend on the power of the spoolie, and some brown shade of eye shadow on the tail end of the brows to help enhance shape, but I won't necessarily be filling them in. I will use the spoolie to naturally comb them into place, and slightly stick up the front portion of the brows so they look natural and not played with too much. For the eyes, I will be using a small amount of mascara just to lightly coat the lashes, then defining the crease ever so slightly using MAC 'Soft Brown'. This is a great transition colour for applying any makeup look and will work brilliantly with the lid colour I have chosen to apply as it is a taupe/ iridescent mauve shade. The lips will be a 'your lips but better' shade, with a lightly MAC 'Hue' tone (light pink).

The second look- minus the eyeliner smudges, is slightly more dramatic. The skin is almost exactly the same as the first look, but I have used a darker contour shade to really show the use of contouring in my final images. Although I like this idea, it's a bit much for a day-time look but if done properly can be flattering for a defined face. The brows are filled in more than the other design and I would in fact be using false individual lashes to re-create this design. I have chosen individual lashes for this look because they add instant length and volume without the tacky black band.  For the eyes, I have chosen to go down the exact same path as the previous look, by using a similar shade of taupe by MAC in 'Woodwinked', but instead of being a cream/mousse formula eye shadow, it is powder. It's a lot heavier in the shimmer department and has flecks of silver when applied. The lips are the exact same lipstick but for the second I have designed it to be applied with a darker pink lip liner.

Overall I am very happy with both face charts, the first one slightly more. I feel that because of the lashes and overall tones and textures I chose for the second look, such as powder eye shadow, It adds a more heavy effect and may be too much on camera for the idea I'm going for. I am excited to create my chosen look after some serious thinking and other opinions. At the moment I am more impressed with the overall idea and design of my first look, but we will see in my next post which I have chosen and what it looks like when practiced with.

No comments:

Post a Comment