Tuesday 5 May 2015

Nail Ad Photoshoot + Critical Analysis


PHOTOSHOOT + ANALYSIS




CRITICAL ANALYSIS & OVERALL THOUGHTS
This shoot by far took the longest to plan, and achieve. As you can see from the images, the gobo lighting looked incredible and really gave that Armani Beauty factor that I wanted. My model was a natural beauty with flawless freckles that added such depth to the final images and overall look. The makeup compliments the model's eye and face shape, and more importantly adds such glamour to such a dark but fabulous concept. The lips for this look stayed on through coffee, fidgeting and eating- what are models like? The red shades against her pale skin worked in my favour to compliment the shadows, and stand out amongst all the lighting and darkness business. Like everything, there is plenty to criticize. The nails and hands of my model were difficult to work with because they are not very feminine and the nails that my model already had on were fairly long and see-through. When applying colour to them the thin, plastic nail design was still visible underneath three coats of OPI red. 

Overall, I feel the outcome of this shoot is well thought out, I have considered all aspects of design, including what positions to place darkness in, what patterns to create gobo light with and how choosing red would not only radiate my models skin, but compliment the light and shadow of the photos.  

No comments:

Post a Comment